Join the Family!
Posted on 21 November 2016
Production Assistant - Nov 2016
Title: Part-Time Production Assistant
Reports to: Production Manager
Location: Portland, OR
Mission: To produce Orox’s line of high quality, handmade leather goods across all production departments, and actively contribute to the continued improvement in both the quality of our products and the efficiency of our production practices by using the principles of lean manufacturing.
We are looking for a qualified and committed individual to join our team as a Production Assistant, who will specialize in the manufacturing of our leather products. Production experience is a bonus, but the ability to work on one’s feet all day, every day with focus and energy is required.
Duties will include mastering the skills & steps of all workstations in our production studio (riveting, applying adhesive, clicker machine use, sanding, painting, precision trimming, etc.) while conforming to established standardized procedures and maintaining efficiency, focus, and high standards of quality throughout.
In addition to the requirements outlined below, and to being a cultural fit with our small and growing family team, this individual should possess a keen kinesthetic & tactile awareness for working with his or her hands, and a creative conceptual ability for problem solving and process improvement.
- Strong mechanical skill set and comfortable working with a variety of hand & power tools with multiple materials
- Ability to perform repetitive physical work while standing all day, maintaining energy and focus throughout.
- Quick learner, able to conceptualize complete processes, both physical and abstract.
- Adaptable to working efficiently both individually or with a team; switches tasks & roles easily
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; listens carefully, conveys thoughts effectively & concisely.
- Positive outlook with kind, honest, and respectful attitude toward ALL responsibilities and co-workers.
- Putting the answer to this question in the subject line of their job application: Where is the Martinez family originally from?
- Proficient with common leatherworking power tools (riveting tools, belt sander, knives, hammer, drill, clicker, etc.)
- Adept at learning & using computer-based technology & programs
Qualifications / Notes:
- 1+ years experience in a manufacturing or production facility
To apply, send us an introductory email to email@example.com and include your cover letter, resume and LinkedIn profile.