Posted: January 28th, 2020
Title: Full-Time Marketing Content Creator
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Portland, OR
I. General Position Summary:
- Orox Leather Co. is seeking a Full-Time Marketing Content Creator. The ideal candidate will show a proven ability to create shareable content, evidenced by a strong digital content portfolio demonstrating excellent aesthetics and the ability to deliver compelling messages. This position is more than just a job, it's the first step towards a great career!
II. Description of Key Responsibilities:
- Create highly engaging, dynamic media for multiple channels, including digital, email, and social media.
- Create campaigns that will inspire and engage customers while preserving the authenticity of the brand voice, and fostering word of mouth among a passionate customer base.
- Coordinate with management on the content calendar, budget, and direction.
- Provide engaging content with a strong brand voice for social media channels and implement daily posts.
- Design and implement weekly direct email marketing campaigns.
- Identify target audience and grow our email list.
- Regularly assess social media workflow and analytics tools to create efficiencies in both process and cost.
- Lead strategic partnerships in the social space from identification of relevant partners through execution of new programs.
- Define benchmarks and key performance indicators to quantify progress of communications campaigns.
- Leverage market analytics and research data to maximize content relevance and customer engagement.
- Contribute with creative ideas on how to leverage social media & content marketing to help achieve business and communications objectives.
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports, key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance with goals.
- Respond to customer feedback in an informative and sensitive manner on social channels by coordinating with internal customer care team.
- Projects will include videography, photography, editing, sound design, color grading, interviewing, directing, static product imagery, event/on-location work, publications and graphic design.
- Prioritize tasks and deliver projects on time while producing innovative, high-quality aesthetic works — ensuring all content is within budget and in-line with brand expectations.
- Assist with updating and managing company programs of images, resources and digital assets.
III. Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Creative, flexible, an innovative team player.
- Ability to take direction from management and work with minimal supervision.
- Videography, photography, editing, sound design, color grading, interviewing, directing, static product imagery, event/on-location work, publications and graphic design.
- Experience of applying creative thinking & developing engaging, creative concepts for web and social media content.
- Experience of digital storytelling and ability to write, produce, self-shoot and edit quality content.
- Proficiency in photography and video production equipment.
- Strong editing skills and ability to demonstrate good editorial judgement.
- High school diploma or equivalent, College Degree preferred specializing in marketing, sales, fashion, design and 1-3 years experience in the retail or wholesale manufacturing industry, preferably in sales, marketing, design or buying/merchandising roles.
IV. This Position Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous.
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity.
V. Orox's Culture is:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused.
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused.
- People-oriented — supportive and people-focused.
VI. Job Conditions
- Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak season or rush projects. Position does not involve travel.