Posted: October 25, 2019
Title: Full-Time Sales Support Specialist
Reports to: Sales Manager
Location: Portland, OR
General Position Summary
- Increase knowledge about our products, history & materials while meeting daily & weekly sales goals.
- Assist in maintaining & growing brand awareness for Orox.
- Assist customers with any questions they may have related to Orox products.
- Fulfill and ship internet orders, as well as field any customer service inquiries sent to us.
- Arrive on-time for all scheduled shifts.
- Limit breaks as per schedule/policy.
Ensure the following during all shifts:
- Maintain and drive our calendar for events, deadlines, launches and trade show.
- Increase knowledge about our products, history and materials in order to answer any questions customers may have related to the store’s product assortment.
- Fulfill and ship internet sales.
- Generate strategies on how to increase our
- Maintain constant communication and service with wholesale customers.
- Once they have become part of the family, give each customer proper follow up and care to support the likelihood of their return.
- Arrive on-time for all scheduled shifts
- Check-in with management for any pertinent information
- Limit breaks as per schedule/policy
Assist store management with various tasks as needed, including:
- Participate in store sales events & help clean up, as needed.
- Reporting of theft or any activity related to dangerous conditions within the store, or issues that may prevent sales.
- Participate in meetings, as needed.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Orox Leather Co. management, staff, vendors, subcontractors and others in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information, ongoing development of business relationships and efficient operation of the organization.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job consists of recurring work situations with occasional variations. Position demands a moderate level of creativity. Candidate is an individual and team contributor, responsible for following established practices and procedures. Duties are sometimes performed independently with moderate supervision and in those cases work is checked or verified sometimes visually and/or by results. Decisions are made within established departmental guidelines. Position has high visibility due to directly impacting customer service. Errors in judgment or work performance could result in negative customer experiences. Consequently, errors in judgment directly affect sales, profitability and relationships with the general public.
Position involves no supervisory responsibility at this time.
Contacts are normally made with others both inside and outside the organization. Internal contacts may include general management and ownership. External contacts may include customers, vendors, and subcontractors. Interactions tend to focus on service, information exchange, problem solving, explanation, discussion and interpretations. Contacts and communication can contain confidential/sensitive information. Contacts generally occur via face-to-face interaction.
- Possess basic knowledge of the following: retail sales, fashion & merchandising.
- Ability to perform detailed tasks, which reflect a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English; Ability to understand and speak Spanish is helpful.
- Awareness of Kanban inventory practices in order to alert manufacturing team of low stock.
- Keep log of frequent buyer customers and maintain relationships.
- Weekly sales report and sales objectives.
- Develop SOPs for every process in order to train future associates.
- Ability to perform repetitive physical work while standing all day, maintaining energy and focus throughout.
- Quick learner, able to conceptualize complete processes, both physical and abstract.
- Adaptable to working efficiently both individually or with a team; switches tasks & roles easily
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; listens carefully, conveys thoughts effectively & concisely.
- Positive outlook with kind, honest, and respectful attitude toward all responsibilities and co-workers.
- Ability to deal effectively with work and time pressure in the efficient and effective accomplishment of job requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required. Mental ability to conduct interpersonal interactions with customers, vendors and other company personnel.
- Physical ability to use telephone, computer hardware/software including keyboard, type, sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Awareness of OSHA rules.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent (College Degree preferred) specializing in marketing, sales, fashion, design and 1-3 years experience in the retail or wholesale manufacturing industry, preferably in sales, marketing, design or buying/merchandising roles.
Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak season or rush projects. Position does not involve travel.